I got home just before the “deep freeze” hit. We have been staying close to home most of the week. The roads are icy, snow is covering the ground and the temperatures are below freezing. Inside we have a fire going, soup on the stove and I don’t see much reason to leave. It gives me time to get to some of those projects done, that I never seem to have time for. So as long as the power stays on, things are good!
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Time Flies!
It’s been almost a month since my last entry. Mom spent almost a month here, and we were so busy most of the time the days flew by. We had a very nice Thanksgiving dinner at our house. There were just four of us, but we had turkey with all the trimmings. Ate way too much, but enjoyed every bite! The day after Thanksgiving, Mom & I braved the masses and got some Christmas shopping done. She likes to shop in Oregon since there is no sales tax. Shopping the day after Thanksgiving is quite an experience, but it was fun. We spent several more days shopping, cooking, eating, hobbies and also some time on family history research. On Fridays, she came with me to the Family History Center and poured over microfilms to see if she could find any of those elusive ancestors of ours. All too soon it was time to take her back home again. I spent a few days in Washington, visiting family before coming back.
The weather was rainy most of the time, but we were still able to get in a little more shopping (have to check out the malls there too…rain or not!) We met my Aunt Bea and Cousin Barb for lunch at Applebee’s and had a good visit.
I got home just before the “deep freeze” hit. We have been staying close to home most of the week. The roads are icy, snow is covering the ground and the temperatures are below freezing. Inside we have a fire going, soup on the stove and I don’t see much reason to leave. It gives me time to get to some of those projects done, that I never seem to have time for. So as long as the power stays on, things are good!
I got home just before the “deep freeze” hit. We have been staying close to home most of the week. The roads are icy, snow is covering the ground and the temperatures are below freezing. Inside we have a fire going, soup on the stove and I don’t see much reason to leave. It gives me time to get to some of those projects done, that I never seem to have time for. So as long as the power stays on, things are good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment